Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sewing Hiatus Has Ended -Meet Mr. Pig

I ended my long hiatus from my sewing machine with this little guy. He was about half machine sewn and the rest was done by hand. I used scraps from my vintage pile. His feet are a little wonky because the only plain black fabric I had was jersey. I'm not going to say sewing those itty bitty limbs was super fun but, I adore the end result. He needs a name don't you think? Any suggestions?


I kinda love how this picture came out. Mr. Pig looks as if he's telling a corny joke like this one: "Did you hear about the piglets who wanted to do something special for mother’s day?" "What did they do?" "They threw a sowprize party." Mr. Froggy is just not impressed.

I followed the pattern from Sew Me, Love Me and the instructions were well laid out and easy to follow. The photos in this book are lovely. All her little stuffed friends have a sweet homey look to them. Lots of patchwork and button details. I've already started on the next one!
Hope you're having a lovely day.

1 comment:

  1. Southern Belle Simple is right! LOVE your piggy! We have cows in northwest Indiana, but I know a few people who raise hogs! Following you now and hope you will stop by the farm soon for a visit. We are remodeling and waiting for spring to come so we can bring out the planter and get things done!

    ReplyDelete