Saturday, April 24, 2010

strawberry muffies


Today's baking adventures - I'm pretty darn proud of these pretty babies, especially since they began as a disaster. These started out as angel cupcakes with a vanilla custard filling. It seems that I cannot make angel cake cupcakes - the things just don't turn out right. (I tried, twice, I promise!) The custard was okay, but didn't thrill me.
I had some strawberry cake mix that I prepared. I had these muffin top baking papers lying around for awhile. (Ok, I thought the brown papers would look cute with the pink cake) After baking, they sort of reminded me of little tarts. A little buttercream icing and fresh strawberries and you have some delicious strawberry muffies! Yum. In the future, it might be fun to use cream cheese icing or mint leaves for garnish!

No comments:

Post a Comment