Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tasty No-Bake Summer Lasagna


luckily I can type with my mouth full b/c I couldn't wait to share this recipe. Basically I am a lasagna fanatic and would eat it everyday if I could. This no-bake lasagna is pretty much a recipe for an explosion of awesomeness in your mouth. Double bonus: I used produce from my deck garden. Mmm. It's too bad you can't have some of this, although it might be hard to get me to share anyway. ;)


*An Update* Sadly, this recipe does not reheat well. I would suggest halving it if you're making it for 1-2 people and saving the rest of the ingredients for another day or dish.

you need:
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 3 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3 tbs + 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 8 lasagna noodles
  • 1 small garlic clove, minced + fresh torn basil
  • 2 pints grape tomatoes
  • 2 zucchini (about 1 lb)
In a small bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, and 2 tsp oil; season with salt and pepper.

Break your lasagna noodles in half & place in a large pot of boiling water. Cook according to the package's directions.

Halve your grape tomatoes (I threw in some quartered Romas b/c I didn't have enough ripe grape tomatoes.) Thinly slice your zucchini.

In a large skillet, heat 2 tbs oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly broken down, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.

Add 1 tbs oil and zucchini to the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until zucchini are tender, about 5 minutes.

Assemble your tasty dinner. Layer the tomatoes and zucchini on noodles. Drop spoonfuls of the ricotta mixture and throw in some freshly torn basil. Repeat.

*Recipe from Everyday Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment