Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cinnamon Grapefruitade

I must be on a cinnamon kick or something, it seems as if I'm using it a lot lately!

Directions
For the simple syrup, add 4 cinnamon sticks, 1 1/2 c. sugar and 1 1/2 c. water to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
Pour into an ice filled pitcher. Stir in 2 c. grapefruit juice, 2 c. water and some rasberries (I used organic frozen ones).

Regular old grapefruit juice is usually not sweet enough for me to really enjoy it. I try and drink it anyway because it's good for me :). This grapefruitade is tasty and quick to make. I like the inclusion of the rasberries -it makes for a pretty drink!

I found this recipe in Food Network Magazine, which I'm really enjoying. The recipe index in the front is super handy and they include a lot of vegetarian recipes.

1 comment: