Friday, June 4, 2010

Cinnamon-Strawberry Frozen Yogurt


Thank you, thank you, thank you ReadyMade for this delicious recipe! I can't wait to try out the other recipes in this issue.

Lucky me, I acquired an ice cream maker over my birthday weekend and with the newest issue of my favorite DIY magazine in hand I set right to work.

Makes: about 1 quart

3 c Greek-style yogurt (I used 2 cups plain & 1 vanilla flavored)
1½ c sugar (I only used 1 cup)
¼ c freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 t vanilla
1 t ground cinnamon
1 t dried lemon zest
⅛ t salt
1 c fresh strawberries, quartered and thinly sliced

1. Combine the yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.

2. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Add strawberries during the last minute of mixing in the ice cream maker. Transfer frozen yogurt to an airtight container and place in the freezer for 2 to 4 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment