from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. My niece Taylor and I whipped up these babies last night. We had a lot of doubt in the beginning but, I think they turned out pretty well.
3⁄4 C. Brown Sugar
1⁄2 C. Canola Oil
2 T. Molasses
1⁄4 C. Soy Yogurt
1 1⁄4 C. Soymilk
1 t. Vanilla Extract
1 C. All-Purpose Flour
1 t. Baking Powder
1⁄2 t. Baking Soda
1⁄2 t. Cinnamon, ground
1⁄4 t. Salt
1⁄2 C. Graham Cracker Crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350¾. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Mix brown sugar, oil, molasses, yogurt, soymilk and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a separate bowl and mix. Add graham cracker crumbs and mix it up.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet in three batches, mixing well after each addition.
5. Fill cupcake liners full. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Let cool completely before decorating.
Quick Melty Ganache
3 T. Soy Creamer or Soymilk
1/3 C. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Heat soy creamer in a small saucepan over medium heat til just about to simmer. Remove from heat; add chocolate chips and stir til chocolate is completely melted and creamer is incorporated. Set aside and allow to cool for 10 minutes. With a spatula scoop into a prepared pastry bag or plastic bag with the tip chopped off, or drizzle haphazardly with fork. Quick Melty Ganache will set when fully cooled.
I made a plain old buttercream (margarine + confectioner's sugar + vanilla) for the icing. Surprisingly, these cupcakes did remind me of marshmallow campfire goodness and also ...gingerbread. I think we'll go lighter on the molasses next time. Or, even better yet make the chocolate cupcake with graham cracker crumbs and these toppings. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my first recipe from VCTOTW. Taylor ate two, so I'd say she approved!