Monday, October 17, 2011

Vintage Finds & Link Love

Yep, more paint by numbers. I never get tired of them. I spotted this one at Savers thrift store last week. How could I resist an American history themed pbn?  I absolutely love the shiny gold background even if it has seen better days. I think it looks swell on my turquoise wall!

The bearded unicorn (tray? wall hanging? no idea) was thrifted in Nashville and the pelican diorama brooch was a recent estate sale find. That estate sale was really fun. The homeowner ran an antique store and had all sorts of lovely things. From comic books to primitives to German weather houses it was quite the eclectic collection. I was really taken with this little brooch, and I believe it might be bakelite. So kitschy and charming!


Link Love:

Other fun finds include the art and comics of Dylan Meconis who wrote the adorable fairytale comic Outfoxed. Read it here. (thx to my buddy cara for introducing me!)

Smart Phone app Scoutmob -"Deals for the local curious." It isn't in every city yet but, it's a great way to save money and find local stuff to do. It also has a mustache function photobook and fun facts about your city. Hooray!

Hope you're having a lovely Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment